ICE DISTRICT AUTHENTICS “OCTOBER GIFT CARD” CONTEST 2023 (“Contest”)
1. SPONSOR: This Contest is conducted and sponsored by Oilers Entertainment Group Canada Corp. (the “Sponsor”).
2. CONTEST SUMMARY: This Contest is held between October 11, 2023 and October 18, 2023 the “Entry Period”). There is 1 Prize available to be won in this Contest, as described in paragraph 10 (the “Prize”). The Selected Eligible Entrant will win the Prize as defined herein. The value of the Prize is approximately $250.00.
3. ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible, you must be at least 13 years of age, and a resident of Canada, excluding Quebec. You are not eligible if, during the Entry Period, you are an employee or partner of the Sponsor or a member of the immediate family (defined as mother, father, brother, sisters, sons, daughters and husband or wife, regardless of where they reside) or household of any of the above persons, their respective affiliates, agents, licensors, associates, representatives and advertising agencies. All decisions regarding eligibility to enter this Contest will be determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. This Contest is void where prohibited by law.
4. NUMBER, APPROXIMATE VALUE OF PRIZES AND CHANCES OF WINNING: There is 1 Prize available to be won in this Contest. The Prize is described in paragraph 10 below. The chances of winning the Prize will depend on the number of eligible entrants received in accordance with these rules during the Entry Period. The value of the Prize is approximately $250.00.
5. CONTEST SCHEDULE: This Contest commences on October 11, 2023 and closes October 18, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. Mountain Time (the “Draw Closing Time”). Entries must be received by the Sponsor before the Draw Closing Time to be selected to win a Prize.
6. HOW TO ENTER: No purchase is necessary to enter this Contest. To enter Eligible Entrants must follow Ice District Authentics through the ICE District Authentics Official Twitter/X page at https://twitter.com/IceDistrictAuth and repost/like a specified October Gift Card contest tweet/post before the Draw Closing Time.
There is a limit of 1 Entry per Twitter/X Account. Each Entry will only be accepted online. Illegible, incomplete, late or garbled Entries will be disqualified. No Entry will be accepted by any other means, including, but not limited to, regular postal mail.
Once submitted, each Entry become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. No mechanically reproduced or photocopied Entry will be eligible for the Draw.
7. DRAW DETAILS: A random draw for the Prize will take place on October 20, 2023 at the offices of the Sponsor in Edmonton, Alberta. An Eligible Entrant can only win up to 1 Prize. The Eligible Entrant whose Entry is drawn (the “Selected Entrant”) and has complied with these Official Rules will be the winner of the Prize (the “Winner”).
If necessary, should the Prize be unclaimed, or should the Selected Entrant be unwilling, unable or ineligible to win the Prize as set out in these Official Rules, the Prize will be forfeited and the Sponsor shall have the right to draw, as replacements only, additional Entries. Those Eligible Entrants, if any, whose Entries are drawn as replacements will be contacted by email by the Sponsor.
The Selected Entrants and the Winners must comply with these Official Rules. All determinations of the Selected Entrants and the Winners by the Sponsor are final and binding. No communication with Entrants will be entered into except with Selected Entrants, except as otherwise stated in paragraph 20 herein. All matters related to the Draw and the verification of the eligibility of the Selected Entrants to be declared the Winners shall be conducted by the Sponsor, or by persons designated by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion. All decisions made by the Sponsor in this regard are final and binding and cannot be challenged.
8. NOTIFICATION: The Sponsor will contact the Selected Entrant by Twitter/X Direct Message on October 20, 2023 at which time they will be asked a skill-testing question to claim the Prize. If the Selected Entrant does not contact the Sponsor by 4:59 p.m. Mountain Time on October 27, 2023, the Prize will be forfeited and the Sponsor will contact, as replacement only, an alternate Entry.
20231010 Ice District Authentics October Gift Card Contest 2023
9. DECLARATION OF WINNERS: The Selected Entrant will not be declared a Winner until:
(a) The Sponsor has determined that the Selected Entrant is an Eligible Entrant pursuant to these Official Rules;
(b) The Selected Entrant correctly answers, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical, electronic or otherwise, a skill testing question as set out in these Official Rules; and
(c) The Selected Entrant executes a release and waiver.
10. PRIZES: There will be 1 Prize consisting of a $250.00 gift card to be redeemed online at IceDistrictAuthentics.com.
The Prize is not transferable and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions, except at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Any income taxes and any other expenses not explicitly specified as part of the Prize in paragraph 10 herein, including without limitation transportation, parking, gratuities, entertainment, food and beverages, and other souvenirs and items, are each the Winner’s sole responsibility. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize of equivalent monetary value if it is unable to award the Prize as described. The Sponsor will not be responsible, however, if weather conditions, event cancellations, or other factors beyond the Sponsor’s reasonable control prevent the Prize from being fulfilled. In any such event, the Winner will not be provided with a substitute prize or cash equivalent. The Prize will only be granted to the verified Winner.
11. SKILL TESTING QUESTION: To win a Prize, the Selected Entrant must correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical, electronic or otherwise, a skill-testing question when notified by email by the Sponsor to obtain their Prize.
12. CONTEST MODIFICATION OR CANCELLATION: The Sponsor is not responsible for any printing, distribution, production or other errors which may occur in the course of the conduct of the Contest including, without limitation, any typographical, printing or other errors in the Official Rules, in the Entry Form, or in or on any other materials relating to the Contest, and the Sponsor is not responsible for any errors or losses which may occur in respect to the Prize selection, or in respect to the receipt, transfer or storage of Entries. The Sponsor may rescind, cancel, amend or revoke the Contest, without liability, and in its sole discretion for any reason whatever. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest and/or the Official Rules, in whole or part and without notice, if the Sponsor determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, that fraud or technical or other failures have threatened or destroyed the integrity of the Contest. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, due to causes beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest.
13. PARTICIPATION: Participation in this Contest constitutes an agreement by each participant to comply with these Official Rules.
14. DISQUALIFICATION: The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant or Selected Entrant it finds to be: (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, or the Oilers website, www.edmontonoilers.com; (b) violating these Official Rules; or (c) violating the terms of service, conditions or use and/or general rules or guidelines of any website property or service. CAUTION: Any attempt by an Entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of Criminal or Civil laws.
If an Entrant or Selected Entrant is disqualified for any reason, another entry will be selected from the remaining eligible entries received as set out in these Official Rules.
15. RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION: By entering the Contest, each Entrant: (a) releases and holds harmless the Sponsor and its directors, officers, employees, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, sponsors and agents from any and all liability for injuries, loss or damage of any kind to persons, including death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Prize, participation in this Contest, or participation in any Prize-related activity; and (b) agrees to fully indemnify the Sponsor and its directors, officers, employees, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, and agents from any and all claims on the part of any third party or parties related in any way and for any reason to the Contest or to the Prize including, without limitation, death, or personal or property damage or injury.
16. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: The Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for incorrect, damaged, illegible, incomplete, mutilated, spoiled, destroyed, stolen, misplaced, lost, late, misdirected or incomplete Entries, notifications, responses, replies, or for any computer, online, telephone, hardware, software or technical malfunctions that may occur (including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an Entry). The Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or used in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of Entries. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries. The Sponsor is not responsible for any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, e-mail, players, or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing. The Sponsor is not responsible for any injury or damage to Entrants or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Contest. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest.
17. PUBLICITY RELEASE: By entering this Contest and accepting the Prize, each Eligible Entrant whose Entry is selected hereby grants to the Sponsor, without further compensation, the unrestricted rights to publish, in the collective or individual discretion of the Sponsor, the name, picture, portrait, likeness, voice and ideas of that Eligible Entrant for advertising and promotional purposes.
18. LAWS: These are the official Contest rules. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. These Contest rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over the Sponsor.
19. CONSTRUCTION: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained in these Official Rules.